Monday, February 3, 2014

Superbowl


Well, looks like the Seahawks are Superbowl champs! How exciting is that?! I feel very blessed to live in Seattle and to work for the Seahawks chiropractor. Such a fun time! I also made a deal with Danny that I would lose as many pounds as the Seahawks scored (within reason of course). So...43 pounds. I definitely have 43 pounds to lose but I haven't weighed under 145 since high school. It will be a challenge but if the Seahawks can make it to the Superbowl, I can lose 43 pounds. 

I was also thinking about the show The Biggest Loser the other night. I love that show! They are so inspiring. I was fantasizing about how awesome it would be to go to one of the Biggest Loser resorts for four weeks or so. I was thinking "Man, it would be so nice to be able to get up every morning and solely focus on myself and my health with help from professional dietitians and trainers. How easy would that be?!" Then I had the idea, "I have a good imagination...why don't I just pretend I'm there?" Obviously, my imagination isn't THAT good but the idea has merit. I don't have to hide myself away for four weeks at a glorified fat-camp in order to keep myself motivated and accountable. 

I know it sometimes feels like you're starting over every day. Like you wake up and say to yourself, "today, I'm going to be perfect with my eating and I'm going to exercise my butt off." And then you're not perfect, so you wake up tomorrow and say "today, I'm going to be perfect with my eating and i'm going to exercise my butt off." It can feel like and endless cycle but never stop saying "today is the day". 

No comments:

Post a Comment