Monday, January 27, 2014

The Mirror

You always hear people who have gained a lot of weight say that they avoid looking in the mirror. They say that they don't like to see themselves because it makes them sad to see themselves that way; that they even hate what they see. Well, last night, I got a good look at myself in the mirror. It wasn't pretty. It made me sad and frustrated and, for a moment, I truly hated what I saw. A while later, I was lying in bed thinking about my feelings, (as girls often do at night) and I came to the realization that the mirror is my friend. It's times like that, when I catch myself off-guard, that I find motivation to be healthier. As much as I don't want to look at myself and hate what I see, it is good to look at myself and love the potential I see. I know what I can become because I know what I've been before. I have pictures to prove it! Ha!

I guess my point is that the mirror is a tool that can be used, not something to be feared or hated. Use it to motivate yourself and love yourself. Enjoy watching yourself become who you want to be. Anyone can lose weight. Anyone can eat healthier and exercise. Its just finding that one thing that motivates you to get off your butt, put down the pizza and get to it! For me, I think its my mirror. 

No comments:

Post a Comment